Thanksgiving Day Movie Favorites

by Lisanne Chastain on November 25, 2008
from: www.armchaircommentary.com/2008/11/thanksgiving-da.html

Well folks it's countdown to Thanksgiving - food, football, more food, Black Friday shopping, and the Thanksgiving movie. Whether it's a holiday related movie, or a completely random movie that was watched one year and now it has become a family tradition, this is a tradition most of us seem to also share. And if you don't - I think this is the year to pick a movie and start. (You have to do something after the tryptophan kicks in and hey - easy way to avoid the relatives, right?)

While_you_were_sleeping_2 Okay, I will divulge - besides one I will mention later, for me it's While You Were Sleeping. Yup, there's just something about Sandra Bullock trying decide between Sandy from The O.C. (aka Peter Gallagher in a coma) and his brother (still-cute Bill Pullman) and a cheesy proposal scene in an El station that is my Thanksgiving obsession. (Who's with me?) I can't seem to remember the first year I watched it on Thanksgiving, but now that I started I can't stop. And yes, I get a lot of flack for it but I don't care. It takes place during the holidays, thus it's totally legit.

So in honor of the Holiday O' Food (and to give you something to read to avoid work, since I have a feeling you are already in holiday-brain-shut-down), I've asked around and put together a random list of favorites - some obvious and some making me wish I could crash their family Thanksgiving.



Christmas And saving what I consider the best for last - this list would not be complete without this resounding favorite that is also a favorite in my family - A Christmas Story. Nothing says the holiday season has begun like watching Ralphie come down the stairs in a bunny suit. 24 hrs a day is not enough for me, and that's why I own the DVD and am thinking the Red Ryder would look great on Blu-ray too. Oh, Ralphie!

Let me know what you think - what's on your Thanksgiving Day movie list?

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving movie-watching Day! --Lisanne